Chemical Bank Rewards Program Terms and Conditions
This user agreement ("Agreement") is provided by Chemical Bank to govern the use of The Chemical Bank Preferred Rewards Program ("the Program"). Services provided by the Chemical Bank Preferred Rewards Program are additionally governed by any other separate agreement(s) Cardholder may have with Chemical Bank or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries, including but not limited to, the Rules and Regulations of the Bank and any amendments or changes made to this Agreement.
By enrolling in the Program, Cardholder agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement.
"Cardholder" shall mean the person, persons or entities in whose name the account is carried on the books of Chemical Bank and shall include the masculine and feminine genders and the plural as well as the singular wherever the context so permits.
"Us," "Our" and "We" shall mean Chemical Bank and all of its affiliates and subsidiaries.
- General Program Details
- Eligibility is limited to Chemical Bank's Cardholders, whose Preferred Rewards accounts are in good standing.
- An annual Program membership fee may be charged to Cardholder's credit or debit card account. Please refer to the enrollment invitation for details.
- If a Program membership fee applies, the fee will automatically be charged to Cardholder's account at the time of enrollment and annually thereafter unless Cardholder notifies Chemical Bank of cancellation at least 60 days prior to the enrollment anniversary. The Program membership fee is non-refundable.
- The Program and benefits are offered at the sole discretion of Chemical Bank. Chemical Bank reserves the right to cancel, change or temporarily suspend the Program at any time without notice.
- Cancellation, change or suspension of the Program will result in the forfeiture of earned points and a change in the redemption of any outstanding rewards.
- Airline tickets and travel rewards packages, merchandise and gift certificates are subject to availability and certain restrictions and fulfillment fees apply.
- The Program is void where prohibited by federal, state or local law.
- In the event of fraud or abuse of the Program privileges or violation of the Program rules (including any attempt to sell, exchange or otherwise transfer points or any instrument exchangeable for the Program), Chemical Bank reserves the right to cancel membership in the Program.
- Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided is accurate. Chemical Bank is not responsible for errors or omissions.
- Should Chemical Bank decide to terminate the Program, and the acceptance and use of the Program, Cardholder or any other beneficiary of the Program release, discharge, and hold harmless Chemical Bank, MasterCard, the Program administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns from all claims, damages or liability including but not limited to physical injury or death, arising out of participation the Program.
- Cardholder is responsible for any personal tax liability related to participation in the Program or as a result of points earned and/or redeemed.
- Cardholder is responsible for payment of any Passenger Facility Charges, air segment taxes, departure taxes, customs fees, excess baggage charges, security taxes or any other charges assessed by governmental entities as a result of travel under the Program, as well as any shipping, courier, fulfillment or certificate fees associated with the Program.
- Neither Chemical Bank, MasterCard nor any other entity associated with the Program shall have any liability arising from, or related to, such rewards of the Program.
- If Cardholder is denied a benefit of the Program to which Cardholder is entitled, liability of Chemical Bank shall be limited to Cardholder's earned portion of the benefit.
- Chemical Bank shall not be responsible for any correspondence by Cardholder that is lost or delayed in the mail.
- All questions regarding accrual of rewards or the fulfillme nt of rewards shall be resolved by Chemical Bank.
- If Cardholder voluntarily cancels enrollment in the Program, all points shall be forfeited.
- Point Redemption
- To redeem points for rewards, Cardholder may log onto the Chemical Bank Preferred Rewards Center website at https://www.loyaltygateway.com or call 1-800-790-0814. Chemical Bank Preferred Rewards Center representatives are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. CST and Saturday through Sunday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. CST.
- Once enrolled in the Program, Cardholder will accumulate one point for every two dollars and fifty cents ($2.50 U.S.) in net purchases for the Chemical Bank Preferred Rewards cards.
- Points are earned for signature-based transactions only. Points cannot be purchased.
- Transactions excluded from point calculation include: Pin-based transactions, ATM, cash disbursements, manual financial institution cash advances, Ready Reserve transactions, person-person money transfers, a quasi cash transaction including the purchase of traveler's checks, foreign currency, or money orders, truck stop transactions (any transactions at a truck stop other than an ATM at fuel desks, weigh stations, public scales, or ports of entry), gaming transactions, tax payments or balance transfers.
- Net purchases is defined as the dollar value of goods and services purchased with the card after the enrollment date, minus any credits, returns or other adjustments as reflected on the monthly statements.
- Program points carry a 5-year expiration limitation based on enrollment year.
- Maximum point accumulations are limited to10,000 points each calendar month and 120,000 points annually.
- Points redeemed and/or expired, if applicable, will be based on a first-in, first-out process.
- Points earned are not transferable except as used in accordance with this Agreement, have no cash value and cannot under any circumstances be used as payment for obligation to Chemical Bank.
- No partial awards will be issued upon redemption of points.
- Points, rewards and certificates have no value except as used in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the Program and rewards suppliers.
- Points are available at cycle date.
- Points must be redeemed by Cardholder.
- Airline Tickets & Travel Packages
- Reward points may be redeemed for travel on any U.S. airline for travel between, and within, the 48 contiguous states. Tickets are valid for travel in Coach or Economy Class and travel must be on the same airline.
- Free tickets are non-refundable coach class fares, must be available and only apply to the lowest published 21-day advance fare purchase category on U.S. Carriers, as designated by the travel provider.
- Reservations must be made at least 21 days in advance, and a Saturday night stay is required. Stopovers are not permitted unless made to connect to another flight, and no more than two conn ections in each direction may be made.
- Seats are subject to availability in the advance purchase airfare category at the time of booking. Tickets will be issued within 24 hours of booking and will be electronic. Fees apply for paper and mail delivery. Next day, Saturday and International deliveries by courier are subject to additional shipping charges and billed to the cardholder's credit or debit card account. A per ticketing fee in the amount of $28.00 will be charged for the issuance of domestic airline tickets, payable by the Cardholder. A per ticketing fee in the amount of $40.00 will be charged for the issuance of international airline tickets, payable by the Cardholder. Applicable lost ticket application fees and/or replacement costs will be the responsibility of the Cardholder.
- Tickets may be purchased in any name designated by the Cardholder. Tickets are non-refundable, and lost, stolen or expired tickets cannot be replaced.
- Chemical Bank and the Program are not responsible for the performance by the airlines of the ticketed transportation. All reservations and ticketing are subject to the conditions of carriage of the party providing the transportation, including exclusions and limitations of liability. Additional fees and restrictions may apply.
- Reservations for Travel Packages must be made at least 30 days prior to day of departure and are subject to availability. There is a $28 booking fee that applies to all travel packages. Once a booking has been made, the following change fees will apply:
- 30 days or more prior to departure: $15 per change plus any applicable travel supplier change fee
- 0-29 days prior to departure: $25 per change plus any applicable travel supplier change fee.
- All merchandise rewards are subject to availability and certain restrictions may apply. Chemical Bank may make substitutions of equal or greater value when necessary without notification.
- Redeemed merchandise rewards have no cash value. Rewards are not refundable, exchangeable and cannot be used against outstanding cardholder balances. Rewards may not be resold.
- Merchandise rewards include applicable sales tax, shipping and handling within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Returns are only accepted for merchandise that is damaged, defective or shipped in error. The manufacturer's warranty applies to all merchandise rewards offered.
- Merchandise rewards will be sent to the Cardholder's address unless otherwise instructed. Merchandise rewards shipments are the sole responsibility of the Cardholder.
- Delivery of merchandise will be made by ground delivery service or first-class mail. Please allow four to six weeks from time of order.
- Any additional shipping costs, including international shipping costs, will be the sole responsibility of Cardholder. Merchandise shipments cannot be made to a post office box.
- Gift Certificates/Gift Cards
- Gift certificates/gift cards have no value except when used in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Program and participating suppliers.
- Gift certificates/gift cards must be surrendered at redemption, are not refundable, exchangeable, and cannot be used against outstanding cardholder balances. Gift certificates/gift cards may not be resold.
- All gift certificates/gift cards are subject to availability and certain restrictions apply. Chemical Bank may make substitutions of equal or greater value when necessary.
- Gift certificates/gift cards are not transfera ble unless otherwise noted on the gift certificate/gift card.
- Chemical Bank and participating suppliers are not responsible for replacing lost, stolen or expired gift certificates/gift cards.
- Gift certificate/gift cards use is subject to the terms and conditions printed thereon.
- Gift certificates/gift cards are valid only at participating suppliers through the expiration date printed on the gift certificate/gift card.
- Delivery of gift certificate/gift card will be made by ground delivery service or first-class mail. Please allow four to six weeks from time of order.
- Gift certificates/gift cards may not be combined with any other promotional offers from Chemical Bank or participating suppliers.
- In the event the goods and services purchased are less than the face value of the gift certificate/gift card redeemed, the policy of the supplier will determine whether credit or gift certificate/gift card value for the difference will be given.
- Gift certificates/gift cards as rewards are void where prohibited by law.